KSU football is here! Discuss anything pigskin related.
When: 1:00pm EST
Where: Stewart Stadium in Ogden, Utah
TV: ESPN3

Onto Ogden, Utah the Owls go. Looking like it'll be a cold, potentially snowy game too.

Won't bother posting the lines or anything as the Owls are clearly the underdog, likely a double-digit one. Excited to see how the Owls come out and play against Weber State who played (and won) in arguable the best FCS conference this year.
Just read this "Wee-bar" State fan comments/opinion on the "Wee-bar" State Forum page....and so it begins;

Re: Kennesaw St @Weber
Post by Waldo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:40 pm

I DVRd the Kennesaw game. What a snoozer. Cal Poly ran the option MUCH better than either of those teams. I predict a dominating game with a big lead early and then super conservative ball afterwards. No style points are needed. Win and advance...

If Weber focuses on the Kennesaw game and plays with intensity, should be a dominating win.

^Well, we've seen those lines before. Go back and read the comments on Wofford's message board before we played them the last two years. And Samford the year before that.... and the JSU board right after we beat Samford (the JSU comments will really make you laugh in retrospect).

This is a really good matchup for us. And it's a really good matchup for them. Both teams love to run the ball, and both teams love to stuff the run. Why does this sound familiar?

It's gonna be cold over there, but it was coooold when we went over to Montana State in November a couple years ago, and we still won that one!

The D is gonna have to come ready to play grown man football again, and we can't have any silly turnovers. But if we keep it close going into the 4th quarter, we'll have a shot.
I'm not upset with Weber State fans being confident in their team. They're the clear favorite, we're on their turf, of course they feel good about their chances.

That being said, we've upset teams that didn't take us seriously before. After the first quarter against Wofford, our D looked rock solid. Murphy was straight up juking defenders out of their cleats. We keep that up and we'll be a lot more competitive than most will expect.

Any word on Bryant and Foster's availability moving forward? I haven't seen any reporting on them.
These Weber State Wildcat fans seem like very nice folks....here is the link to their fan forum page if any of y'all are interested
https://bigskyfans.com/wildcats/index.php  

Re: Kennesaw St @WeberQuotePost by talhadfoursteals » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:47 pmPersonally, I enjoy watching the triple option. A good triple option team tells us a couple of things about their style of football and the team in general:

1. Disciplined
2. Tough and physical

And this is the offense we are talking about. The KSU defense is extremely stout as well. Should be a good one. Like Wildcat, I really enjoy seeing teams visit Stewart that we wouldn’t ever see except in the playoffs. Neither team knows much about each other or the style of football they’ve faced throughout the season. Cats just need to play their style of football. Stuff the run and pass enough to keep the Owls honest in the box.

Welcome to Ogden Owls!! If any fans are coming out hit up this foru
Hey Kennesaw fans, I’m excited for this matchup! During the first half of your game, I was thinking Weber would have it easy. However, the second half energy and the new QB were quite impressive.

It’s hard to say, but I see no reason why this won’t be a good emotional battle under harsh weather conditions.

If anyone is making the trip to Ogden, stay an extra day or two and take in the mountains and culture of Utah.

Ogden is a beautiful city surrounded by what might be the most gorgeous mountains in the country.

Even if your not a skier, Snowbasin resort sells lift ride tickets and the resort is a fun place to checkout for a few hours. Also, a couple resorts offer snowmobile rentals or sled hills with lifts.

As far as drinking and dining goes, 25th street is full of small bars and restaurants. If you really want to experience Utah nightlife, Salt Lake or Park City are worth the short drive.

As far as tourist attractions go, the Mormon temple square in downtown Salt Lake has free tours and Christmas lights. It’s the #1 tourist attraction in Utah.
WeberNation wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:17 am
Hey Kennesaw fans, I’m excited for this matchup! During the first half of your game, I was thinking Weber would have it easy. However, the second half energy and the new QB were quite impressive.

It’s hard to say, but I see no reason why this won’t be a good emotional battle under harsh weather conditions.

If anyone is making the trip to Ogden, stay an extra day or two and take in the mountains and culture of Utah.

Ogden is a beautiful city surrounded by what might be the most gorgeous mountains in the country.

Even if your not a skier, Snowbasin resort sells lift ride tickets and the resort is a fun place to checkout for a few hours. Also, a couple resorts offer snowmobile rentals or sled hills with lifts.

As far as drinking and dining goes, 25th street is full of small bars and restaurants. If you really want to experience Utah nightlife, Salt Lake or Park City are worth the short drive.

As far as tourist attractions go, the Mormon temple square in downtown Salt Lake has free tours and Christmas lights. It’s the #1 tourist attraction in Utah.
Welcome to our board, and thank you for the post! To be quite honest, I do not like our chances against your team. You guys play in a much tougher conference and have held your own with the FBS teams you played. I'm sure you're chomping at the bit at a potential Griz rematch and I'm sure we'll be studying the tape from that game (as I'm sure you guys will be studying our Monmouth defeat).

I believe the only game we've played in the Mountain Time Zone was against Montana State in 2017; we eked out a 16-14 win, though that team was much different than ours now, especially on offense. We made the FCS quarterfinals that season.

I wish I could make the trip out but I'll be watching the game here in Atlanta, hoping for an upset 8-)

Good luck; here's to a great matchup!
This is a great idea and so glad KSU has made the Convocation Center available for Owl fans to watch the football game on the "BIG SCREEN" The Convocation Center seats 4,600 and it would be great if it's a sell-out. My wife and I will be there.

Fans of Kennesaw State Athletics are invited to cheer on the Owls this Saturday, Dec. 7, for the men's basketball home opener and football playoff watch party at the KSU Convocation Center.

Men's basketball hosts FIU at 1 p.m., and immediately after the game, football's second round NCAA playoff game at Weber State, which begins at 3 p.m. ET, will be shown on the videoboard. General admission tickets for the hoops game are available for just $3! Click here to purchase.

Arrive early as the first 500 fans in attendance will receive a free Scrappy bobblehead!

Concessions will be open for the entirety of the men's basketball game and football game to serve fan favorite food options.