KSU Hoops past and present!
By WingMan
The Owls return to action Monday Dec 2 and Wednesday Dec 4 at Elon and UNC-Greensboro.

Elon appears to be our best shot for a non-conference win. The Phoenix are 2-6 with their only wins coming against lower division opponents. The DII Mars Hill University Mountain Lions gave them a scare, but Elon pulled off an 90-84 victory.

Wednesday's tilt will be tougher for the Owls as they face a 6-2 club in the UNCG Spartans who are much better ball club.
By bb_fan
This SHOULD be a winnable game. Elon (2-6) is ranked 316 in the country; KSU (0-5) is ranked 347. Every game is the 3 game series has been close -- the largest margin of victory (10 points) was actually an overtime game. (The less said about that game the better.) Massey says Elon wins 75-63; but to keep things interesting says KSU has a 15% punchers chance of shocking the world.
This one could get ugly...

Massey has this as UNCG (6-2) ranked #104 vs KSU (0-6) ranked #351 (thanks Maryland Eastern Shore and Delaware State). Massey predicts a score of 80-47 and says that UNCG has a 1% chance of the entire team getting food poisoning and losing the game.

One of UNCG's losses came to Kansas by 12 points.

I caught the replay of the last 6 minutes of the UNCG-Georgetown game last night. Georgetown was up by 3 when I started watching; UNCG won by 4.

The last 3 years UNCG has won 25-27-29 games. Last year they were the first team out of the NCAA playoffs; the won there opening round game in the NIT and then ran into the Lipscomb buzzsaw.
This one could get ugly...

Massey has this as UNCG (6-2) ranked #104 vs KSU (0-6) ranked #351 (thanks Maryland Eastern Shore and Delaware State). Massey predicts a score of 80-47 and says that UNCG has a 1% chance of the entire team getting food poisoning and losing the game.

One of UNCG's losses came to Kansas by 12 points.

I caught the replay of the last 6 minutes of the UNCG-Georgetown game last night. Georgetown was up by 3 when I started watching; UNCG won by 4.

The last 3 years UNCG has won 25-27-29 games. Last year they were the first team out of the NCAA playoffs; they won their opening round game in the NIT and then ran into the Lipscomb buzzsaw.
I did not watch the Elon game. Elon is a bad team. KSU had a 13 point lead early and went on to blow that and lose in a decisive fashion.

What is wrong with the Owls? Mainly it's scoring 51 points per game and 32% FG shooting. We have not shot 40% or more in any game this season.

I suggest they try to work it in for some easy buckets to get things going. Harris and Spencer have the highest FG percentage on the team, try to get these guys some plays. Also let Hooker, Burden, and Lewis drive in and maybe get a lay in, pull up for a floater or get hacked and go to the line.

Also crazy about the Elon game was that 11 players saw action and each played between 13 and 24 minutes. This makes no sense unless your guys deep on the bench are pretty much as good as the starters. That is not the case with the Owls. It seems AAR is searching for a "combination" that will work. I think your need to have your best players on the floor more and let them get into a rhythm.

UNCG is a top mid-major team. The next may be hard to watch.