Discuss the goings on around Stillwell Stadium
By BurialGround
Oh, woe is us?

Or, as sometimes happens in baseball, do we have a bunch of guys step up and shock the conference?

One of the better northeastern programs is coming to town today in UCONN. Hopefully we can at least start the season out on the right foot.
By KingOwl
BurialGround wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:34 pm
Gonna be a long season.
Too early to say, as we have so many new pitchers that we don't know what we are gonna get out of them. But it seems like a rebuilding year...
By BurialGround
Well, we took one from Oklahoma. That's a lot better than last year. Actually, we didn't get smoked at all. The two losses were by a combined 5 runs.

I agree that this team is better than last year's. The starting pitching was very good this weekend. I'm pleasantly surprised that we're deeper on the mound than we have been for several years. Unfortunately, before today, we were really slumping at the plate. Hopefully we can continue to turn that around, but I'm worried about our lack of clutch hitters.
By KingOwl
BurialGround wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:24 pm
Well, we took one from Oklahoma. That's a lot better than last year. Actually, we didn't get smoked at all. The two losses were by a combined 5 runs.

I agree that this team is better than last year's. The starting pitching was very good this weekend. I'm pleasantly surprised that we're deeper on the mound than we have been for several years. Unfortunately, before today, we were really slumping at the plate. Hopefully we can continue to turn that around, but I'm worried about our lack of clutch hitters.
Exactly. I think the odds of us finding a groove offensively are better than the odds of finding pitching depth last year. Unfortunately Allum hurt his oblique again last game and Smith isn't too close to coming back. It's gonna be a lot of Tyler Simon and Willoughby fellas! I'd like to see Wesley get some ABs and maybe Franklin at 1B.
By WingMan
I don’t watch much baseball but I did notice that we took 2 of 3 against #16 Stetson. The game we dropped was very winnable too.

Question to the baseball fans. Is this team coming together and poised to make a run? Is Stetson overrated? What do you think.
By BurialGround
This team's legit and could very well make a run. Hats off to the coaching staff and the recruiting coordinator, this turnaround is mind-blowing. Man, we hit gold on our JUCO transfers, and we're even getting huge results from some true freshmen. The pitchers are coming along better each week. To think arguably our two biggest bats aren't even in the lineup (our best hitter has been out almost all season)! This team could end up being really good.

Stetson's pitching is unreal, and we really took it to em. Their offense perhaps doesn't have the power of a national contender, but their team is very good and we should've swept them. Not gonna be a long season after all, in fact, I think it's gonna be a lot of fun!
By KingOwl
The bullpen is worrying me. McLinskey and Exley are obviously our top 2. After that, it's a mix and match. I would like to see Hutch, Torbert and Horn step up. Ryan is having control problems that I'm not sure he can fix midseason and Wesley has struggled of late too.