Discuss the goings on around Stillwell Stadium
By KingOwl
On paper the Drew Hall kid looks like the best of the JUCO pitchers that we're bringing in. A few of the arms seem developmental, even coming from JUCO. Coaches might be taking chances on their arm talent and fixing them up a bit.

But there is a ton of reason to be concerned about where we stand for next year until more facts are known.
By BurialGround
Yeah, pretty much exactly how I see it as well. I agree that Hall appears to be the best, and I'd expect him to start a number of games next year, mid-week games at the least. Then we're going to need the younger lefties like Dupree and Exley to really develop in the off-season and become reliable starters. And at least one in-coming freshman to eat innings... and, you know what, let's just say many other arms need to step up. And we'd still have a hard time when going to the bullpen. Yikes.
By KingOwl
BurialGround wrote:Yeah, pretty much exactly how I see it as well. I agree that Hall appears to be the best, and I'd expect him to start a number of games next year, mid-week games at the least. Then we're going to need the younger lefties like Dupree and Exley to really develop in the off-season and become reliable starters. And at least one in-coming freshman to eat innings... and, you know what, let's just say many other arms need to step up. And we'd still have a hard time when going to the bullpen. Yikes.

I've talked to some people who have seen this day coming for a few years now. It's sad that we couldn't build on the Super Regional like FGCU basketball built on their Sweet 16 and now FGCU bball regularly gets better talent than any other A-Sun team.

Dupree could be good. Coming back from a major arm injury and being a freshman was just too much for him.

On the bright side we have Hutch coming back and Deviner McCray should be healthy. Of the other redshirted players coming back, Rhiann Mann is probably the one to watch.