Discuss the goings on around Stillwell Stadium
By corn_3024
I would be very surprised if we don't go with Chris. Did a good job of getting a lot of guys rest the last two days. Starters from here on out with the only fluctuation being in the OF. Game one is huge.
By WingMan
IMO The Freezer has been more effective lately and will have the most rest. If it were me I would pitch him first.

However my gut tells me the coaches will go with Erwin
By KingOwl
Have to go with Erwin or Friese. Moore is out of the question just because you need to go with your Friday or Saturday guy. If the coaches have equal confidence in Friese it would make sense to let him go in game one and give Erwin an extra day. Also might allow you to put Erwin's bat in the lineup.
By KingOwl
I wonder if we'll see Erwin play the OF. IMO our best lineup offensively would be...

LF: Greeson
CF: Erwin
1B: Upshaw
C: Morgan
RF: Liquori
DH: Helms
3B: Howell
2B: Williams
SS: Chabut
By KingOwl
I just realized there's another sign-up error for the forum and told my tech guy...hopefully this will be fixed soon. In the mean time, I believe anybody can post as a guest.
By BurialGround
I threw AJ into the equation because he had the best overall outing against Stetson, pitching into the 8th. That said, I'd probably go with Friese if it was up to me, as we'd get Erwin's bat in the lineup and at least an equal quality outing on the mound. King, that lineup you listed would be pretty damn tough to beat no matter who we pitch. 1-9 there's no easy out.
By KingOwl
BurialGround wrote:I threw AJ into the equation because he had the best overall outing against Stetson, pitching into the 8th. That said, I'd probably go with Friese if it was up to me, as we'd get Erwin's bat in the lineup and at least an equal quality outing on the mound. King, that lineup you listed would be pretty damn tough to beat no matter who we pitch. 1-9 there's no easy out.

Yep, exactly! UNF has a really tough lineup as well...they will be our toughest competition.

I think we should start Friese game 1. A. He is well rested B. Statistically, the difference is not huge. C. Give Erwin an extra day's rest after throwing 110+ on Thursday. D. Get Erwin's bat in the lineup Game 1 vs. Stetson's Mitchell Jordan who is a righty. E. If we play UNF in round 2, we can throw Erwin at them (he pitched a gem vs. UNF earlier this year.) Two of their top 3 hitters (Skinner and Karmeris) are lefties. F. UNF's #2 starter is a lefty so Erwin's bat wouldn't be as needed in the lineup.
By Jess77
Agreed. However, if all goes as planned, I believe we would get JU/Lipscomb in Game 2 and then UNF in Game 3. We're gonna have to earn it , game by game. Wonder which game UNF will throw their big righty in? Him and Erwin had quite the duel in our 1st game against them. Both of them did well on the Cape last summer and really got after it in that first meeting. If we can sweep the 1st 3, I like Ward in a 4th game if we don't have to throw him 1-3. That would give us a fresh(ER) Erwin or Friese in a Game 5, if necessary.
By BurialGround
Ouch. Our pitching just completely disappeared, and outside of Alex's insane opposite field bomb, we just couldn't get a big hit in a clutch situation. Very disappointing. I hoped we were over our midweek struggles when we beat Auburn and State in back-to-back games.