Discuss the goings on around Stillwell Stadium
By BurialGround
So, I just looked at Lipscomb's schedule and saw that they're now 0-14 on the road this season. Ouch. :shock:
By BurialGround
Nope, but Fredi will continue to bring in O'Flaherty to face right-handed batters in the later innings of tied games. :?
By BurialGround
Looks like I jinxed it. We're 0-4 now in extra inning games. Still good to get the series win.
By KingOwl
So we play JU next weekend and then JU plays Upstate and NJIT the following two weekends, and they are both garbage. Hopefully Stetson beats JU tomorrow to put them a game behind us, but we're still gonna have to take at least 2 of 3 from JU next weekend because I don't see JU winning less than 4 of their final 6 from Upstate and NJIT.
By WingMan
KingOwl wrote:So we play JU next weekend and then JU plays Upstate and NJIT the following two weekends, and they are both garbage. Hopefully Stetson beats JU tomorrow to put them a game behind us, but we're still gonna have to take at least 2 of 3 from JU next weekend because I don't see JU winning less than 4 of their final 6 from Upstate and NJIT.

The Owls got the help from Stetson and that sets up the most intesesting series of the ASUN regular season next weekend in Jacksonville. What matters most is how we will do head to head against JU.

For those who follow baseball closer than I do, how do you like our chances to take the top seed in the ASUN tourney?
By corn_3024
If we can play sound defense the chances are good. However the chances of us playing a solid defensive series.. not as good. I haven't checked the stats, but I feel we've been a little better defensively since the conference slate started. Its no secret we've been incredibly inconsistent this year as a whole. I have good faith in our three starters. Our bats are a little streaky, but good enough if we can get Erwin back to where he was.

If we can come out of the three games next weekend with a total of three errors I'd guess we are right there to win the series. If we have innings with three errors (like we have previously this year), we won't recover against the likes of Jacksonville.
By BurialGround
I think we'll have a really good shot of taking the 1 seed if we win 2 of 3 from Jax. I think we'd still have a decent shot if we win 1. I think we can win the series, but we're absolutely going to have to play our best baseball of the season in all three games. Our starters have to pitch deep into the games, our defense can't be giving up unearned runs, and our offense simply needs to come up with the clutch hits with RISP. Should be some really good baseball this weekend.
By WingMan
We got the first win at Jax and clinched a spot in the ASUN tourney very early.

Weird thing is 11-2 in conference play but still under .500 in the whole season. Winning the conference tourney is what really matters.