Discuss the goings on around Stillwell Stadium
By WingMan
This weekend the A-Sun Regular Season baseball games will start.

Last year, in the historic season, the Owls were 12-15 prior to the first A-Sun game. This year the Owls are 12-12. The 19-1 finish to the regular season last year is a feat that will be nearly impossible to duplicate.

With the strange weather this February and March, the schedule was disrupted quite bit, so I felt like the team had trouble finding the groove. That seems passed us now, so what is the outlook for this year's Owls?

I expect we will be one of the top 2-3 teams in the A-Sun, but we will have to will the conference or have an impressive remainder of the season to get a tournament bid. The pitching, particularly the bull pen has been a bit shaky at times.

Your thoughts?
By WingMan
The regular season has concluded and the Owls have secured the 6th and final seed in the A-Sun tournament. After conference leader North Florida, its pretty much a dead heat from second to sixth seed with five teams being separated by only 2 conference losses.

We seem be playing pretty competitively down the stretch, beating GA Southern and winning 1 of 3 one-run games to conference leader North Florida on the road. Our last 2 wins featured college career-best pitching performances from our 3rd and 4th starters, Gabe Friese and Chris Erwin.

I wouldn't bet against these guys to upset some teams in the tournament, but it can be an adventure when the bull pen is called upon.
By BurialGround
That was disappointing. I thought if we could squeak one out against UNF, we might have a serious shot at the tournament. The bullpen has killed us all year, but I didn't see 14-0 smackdown coming at all. Maybe Bergen will get us a win and we can give it a little run though. I still think our starting pitchers can beat anybody.