Discuss the goings on around Stillwell Stadium
By WingMan
Nice breakdown of the team King Owl. Despite the loss of some excellent players from last year's squad, I think this group has a very high ceiling. The incredible success of last years team was attributed by an outstanding team effort rather than the heroics of a select few. I see this year's team as well balanced, with good pitching, fielding and hitting. Add to that quite a number of these guys have been to the playoffs before and take that experience with them.

Predictions?

A few of the freshmen players will surprise everyone and make a big impact.

The Owls will have a target on their backs as a result of their success last year, opponents will come in extra psyched to play the Owls.

They will never say die and you better not count them out even if they are trailing in the late innings.

This will be a great team to watch.
By ProudOWL
I don't know if it's bold considering our success last year, but I think repeating as conference champions would be HUGE!
By HootyWho
Great writeup King! I think the success last year will be huge for this year's team. We lost some key pieces, but the experience that the older guys have now will be key. I expect a great season for the guys! Can't wait for the top 25 matchup in the opener on Friday afternoon.

#OccupyTheNest will be there Friday!
By KingOwl
Thanks guys. I look forward to seeing who becomes the new max. Liquori has a lot of power potential and I like Bennett's power potential as well. Bennett kind of got hidden last year because when you have Max and Morgan that both catch, there's no room at DH.
By Mike
I honestly think our preseason ranking is a nod more than anything. We may be ranked No. 19, but it will be interesting to see how long we stay in the top 25 based on how things go.

Replacing a .422 hitter who can steal bags? Good luck. Not having Way or Bahnick is disappointing. And we're going to have to hunt for that closer again.

KSU won with a lot of #MagicDust last year, but man was it amazing. Will we be a top tier team in the A-Sun? Yeah. Can we beat up on the Georgia, Auburn, and Georgia Tech's of the world? Yes. But, in baseball, getting to the supers as a mid-major means winning your conference tournament and regional tournament. Still a very very tough mountain to climb, unless we can be so great we make it as a mid major. Mercer seemed to be on the cusp of that all of last year until a late collapse.

I'm most excited about "Shoelace" doing big things. Jon thinks he's still a 9, I think he'll find the lead off spot. Stay tuned. :D
By ProudOWL
Mike wrote:I honestly think our preseason ranking is a nod more than anything. We may be ranked No. 19, but it will be interesting to see how long we stay in the top 25 based on how things go.

Replacing a .422 hitter who can steal bags? Good luck. Not having Way or Bahnick is disappointing. And we're going to have to hunt for that closer again.

KSU won with a lot of #MagicDust last year, but man was it amazing. Will we be a top tier team in the A-Sun? Yeah. Can we beat up on the Georgia, Auburn, and Georgia Tech's of the world? Yes. But, in baseball, getting to the supers as a mid-major means winning your conference tournament and regional tournament. Still a very very tough mountain to climb, unless we can be so great we make it as a mid major. Mercer seemed to be on the cusp of that all of last year until a late collapse.

I'm most excited about "Shoelace" doing big things. Jon thinks he's still a 9, I think he'll find the lead off spot. Stay tuned. :D

Gonna go ahead and start a petition to have #MagicDust night at the park this season. :D