Discuss the goings on around Stillwell Stadium
By KingOwl
Our projection is the SC bracket which would be awesome. #1 South Carolina, #2 GT, #3 KSU, #4 Campbell. SC has lost two in a row and boast a #14 RPI as opposed to say a top 10 of other local hosts. It would be BIG for the program to play (and beat) Georgia Tech on a huge stage, just ask Tony Ingle.
By WingMan
We get a trip to Tallahassee, where a double elimination bracket awaits. Other participants are FL State, Alabama, and Georgia Southern.

Let's keep this going Owls.

BTW - on ESPNU the selection committee said Mercer was among the last 4 out of the field for 64 (boo hoo, Bears)
By BurialGround
Tough regional. FSU has always been extremely tough at home. Bama has struggled a bit down the stretch, but they're throwing their ace against us, and he's very good. And Southern is one of the better 4 seeds, and obviously a great program. I wish they wouldn't stick two Georgia teams in the same regional, as I like to root for the other in-state teams, but oh well. Hopefully we can stay hot. Go Owls!
By OWLINSIDER
Gotta be happy if the bears made it always need to root for your fellow conderance teams. It elevates the whole conference with that type of publicity more coverage more interest from perspective owls and better talent!
By KingOwl
OWLINSIDER wrote:Gotta be happy if the bears made it always need to root for your fellow conderance teams. It elevates the whole conference with that type of publicity more coverage more interest from perspective owls and better talent!

I disagree but you bring up an interesting topic of discussion.

First, Mercer is leaving the conference in July so there's that. This is also baseball and the A-Sun has had up to 3 bids in a season before, so if it were basketball, I would root for Mercer like I did vs. Duke. Prospective Owls should be see what this KSU team is doing and want to enjoy the ride. Speaking of which, I'm going to do a blog on the future of the program and it's sustainability once the season ends in a month ;).
By WingMan
WingMan wrote:
BTW - on ESPNU the selection committee said Mercer was among the last 4 out of the field for 64 (boo hoo, Bears)

In general, I like to see the conference teams do well. In this case I do not think Mercer deserved a bid because even though they had a strong season over all, they really faded at the end, losing 6 of their last 8 games and coming up completely empty in the A-Sun tournament.

I thought FGCU might be considered ahead of Mercer.

However, neither Mercer nor FGCU played well enough in the A-Sun tourney to earn the opportunity to get WHOOPED by Owls! :lol: