Discuss the goings on around Stillwell Stadium
By adamsputnik
The Owls are hosting the 25th ranked team in the nation (according to one poll, at least). The boys had a pretty good showing tonight, winning 6-1. It's good to see the Owls baseball squad stays pretty solid and consistent year-to-year.
By KingOwl
Agreed, baseball at KSU is always solid but doesn't get fanfare. I just blogged on it on the main site. KSU beat one of the best pitchers in D1 tonight in Ricky Knapp and didn't strikeout once. To be fair to FGCU, KSU's Stephen Janas has emerged as one of the best pitchers in college baseball himself...he gave up 1 run in 7 innings and his ERA went UP. It's great to see he's recovered from TJ surgery!
By GoOwls
Now that the weather has started getting better. I was at the Alabama State game and it was brutal but exciting things coming from this team. It looked like Bo slid into the catchers man area which started the drama
By KingOwl
GoOwls wrote:Now that the weather has started getting better. I was at the Alabama State game and it was brutal but exciting things coming from this team. It looked like Bo slid into the catchers man area which started the drama

HA, that was the catcher's fault. Hazard of the job! Welcome to the board GoOwls!