KSU football is here! Discuss anything pigskin related.
I'm not sure that pitch was entirely Murphy's fault. Look like Bronson stutter stepped/hesitated a little as he was moving before the pitch.

I can forgive the pitch, but man it sucked we couldn't take advantage of Weber State attacking the ball with the safety's and line backers. That wide open touchdown pass we missed in the third really hurt. We had a couple more guys open but Murphy just isn't there yet when it comes to throwing the ball. But It's great that he got some playoff experience without giving up that year of eligibility.

But overall I'm proud of our fight and proud of our season. For a rebuilding year, to win 11 games is incredible.
For anyone who regularly tracks KSU football and says this season was not more than a massive success, they obviously do not keep track of the team. To lose as much as we did and still win 11 games which could easily be 13 games is unreal. If you are not excited about next year or even 5 years from now, you have something wrong in your head. As for the pitch that I would really say cost us that game, it is what it is.. Burks even did it a few times in 2017. Murph will learn from it. But, I do believe we have a serious potential for a passing game now. I think that is why we ran way more out of the shotgun look than usual. Believe with the type of QB’s we recruited we are going to run an offense more similar to GA Southerns, but with our unique Kennesaw touch to it
KingOwl wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:46 pm
We really need a big time WR
It's a tough sell to get talented WRs to buy in to this system. We were very lucky to have Sumpter for 4 years. He was the absolute perfect WR for our system. It would take a lot of pressure off our run game if we could find another Sump!
BurialGround wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:04 pm
KingOwl wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:46 pm
We really need a big time WR
It's a tough sell to get talented WRs to buy in to this system. We were very lucky to have Sumpter for 4 years. He was the absolute perfect WR for our system. It would take a lot of pressure off our run game if we could find another Sump!
I had the exact same thought. It doesn't make much sense for a top WR recruit to agree to do the grunt work that receivers do in a run-heavy option system. I would have loved to see Sumpter and Murphy together.