KSU football is here! Discuss anything pigskin related.
Here is a bit more on Saturday's game from both the Weber State coach and coach Bo of KSU. I watched some of the practice yesterday afternoon at the Perch and both Tommy and Jonathan were under center taking snaps. Go Owls!!!

https://1280thezone.com/jay-hill-previe ... e-at-utah/  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EViUJpEWmg&t=36s   Noland and Coach Bo preview the game against WeberState 

EveryTimeIDom wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:25 pm
Not that there's much of a chance this will happen, but if we win and SE Louisiana beats Montana, would the quarterfinal game be played at KSU?
Depends on how much you bid on home playoff games. The bids were due before the field was announced. Obviously Wofford outbid you on the first round and SELA outbid Villanova as well. So I would guess your bid to host was not competitive.
WSU Wildcat wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:02 pm
Depends on how much you bid on home playoff games. The bids were due before the field was announced. Obviously Wofford outbid you on the first round and SELA outbid Villanova as well. So I would guess your bid to host was not competitive.
Maybe I don't understand this well, but isn't the bid to host more than just a monetary number? Not that it matters much here, because, as you said, SELA outbid Villanova and Wofford outbid us, so there ain't no way our bid was bigger than SELA's.
BurialGround wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:18 am
WSU Wildcat wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:02 pm
Maybe I don't understand this well, but isn't the bid to host more than just a monetary number? Not that it matters much here, because, as you said, SELA outbid Villanova and Wofford outbid us, so there ain't no way our bid was bigger than SELA's.
Here is the actual bidding documentation.
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/champi ... stInfo.pdf
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/champi ... Manual.pdf

Regarding first-round, second-round, quarterfinal and semifinal sites, in addition to the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1, the
NCAA Division I Football Championship Committee shall consider the following additional criteria when selecting playoff sites:
1. The committee will consider previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host institution
(regardless of seeding).
2. Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75% of the
estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
First round – $30,000
Second round – $40,000
Quarterfinals – $50,000
Semifinals – $60,000
3. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the higher-seeded teams.
4. When determining host institutions for playoff games when both teams are unseeded, criteria shall apply as follows:
(1) quality of facility, (2) revenue potential plus estimated net receipts, (3) attendance history and potential, (4) team’s
performance (i.e., conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents), and (5) studentathlete well-being (e.g., travel and missed class time).
5. A conference champion would host a first-round game against a conference opponent (if applicable). This policy would
be contingent upon the conference champion meeting the facility requirements to host and submitting an acceptable bid
by the established deadline.
6. If a second-round, quarterfinal or semifinal playoff site is not available due to the fact the institutions involved did not
submit a proposed budget, the committee will contact the institutions and offer the opportunity to submit a bid at the
current round’s minimum financial guarantee level. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the
host institution by applying the championship site-selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1.

In reality unless there is some glaring disqualifying factor, it comes down to money guarantees and potential earnings. Nichols State doesn't even have a visitors locker room and still won the bid. Some schools disclose their bids, some do not. Previously I have seen numbers from Nichols at $80k+ and JMU at $200k.
Last edited by WSU Wildcat on Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.