KSU football is here! Discuss anything pigskin related.
By HootHouse
We have our tickets secured in Section 124.

Been doing some research/planning...Alabama State folks take game days serious...they are in the Southwestern Athletic Conference (HBCU)...last week's game against Tuskegee had a crowd of 27,838! In order to tailgate, you have to submit an application and get a permit...$45 to setup tents...20 x 20 space...lots open at 6 am CST and recommended to arrive 11 am CST because they shut down street access to tailgate lots...regular parking lots open at noon and range between $10/$15 depending on location. The atmosphere for this game should be incredible!

We have submitted our application and payment for receiving a tailgate permit. We are leaving early morning and will be at ASU mid-morning to enjoy the game day HBCU experience.

We welcome any/all Owls fans to come join us!
By 4qrtsOwl
Gerowl and Janowl also have tickets secured in section 124. We will drop by the Hoot House for sure. Go Owls!!!
By 4qrtsOwl
Leaving this morning around 10 am and will be flying an Owl flag all the way to Montgomery. Looking forward to an exciting game tonight with Alabama State. Go Owls...Beat the Hornets!!!!

By superfan
typical attendance to schools in meac and swac, once the band plays and if score not close they leave and go back to tail gating. Stands looked empty to me.
By HootHouse
Not gonna lie...we were disappointed in the ASU crowd. Given the week before was against rival Tuskegee in the Labor Day Classic, they had nearly 28K in attendance for that game and another 15K tailgating during the game (as we were told by their tailgating coordinator). I'd be SHOCKED if there were more than 8K in attendance this week. We were also excited to see their halftime performance...I personally believe their performance in Kennesaw last season was better than what they did on Saturday...again disappointed.

With all that being said, one thing I was NOT disappointed in was their tailgating culture. It was incredible, despite the turnout. Great people. Great food. Great atmosphere. For the KSU fans that arrived early and spent ALL day there, we had a wonderful tailgating experience! Kuddos to ASU on their tailgating experience...it is legit!