KSU football is here! Discuss anything pigskin related.
By Black&Gold10
Camp starts soon and I don't know about y'all but I'm ready to put the toe to the leather! We have a weak non-conference schedule this season but have added a couple teams to conference play. I'm excited to see our new offense with DD at the helm, especially if it involves more balls in the air. I'm skeptical of our O-line but hear our defense is stacked.

What are y'all excited to see this season?
By Owlzfan84
I'm excited about our defense the most. Its the deepest we've ever been and the speed is on that side of the ball is insane.

I'm also excited to see David at QB. He won't be as good in the 3rd/4th and short runs as Burks, but his overall speed is better and he's got one hell of an arm.
By corn_3024
Defense is beyond loaded. Stay healthy and we are as good as any defense in the southeast. Top 5 in the country.

Offense is going to have a lot of growing pains. This will be interesting to follow through camp. We have a decent understanding of the depth chart at QB/B-Back, but wide receiver appears to be wide open. The oline will have Fabu, Olson, and Katina, but no clue on the other two spots.

David is the clear cut #1 at QB, but the skill I'm most curious to see is whether he can avoid contact. He's a much larger body than Chandler, and matching his durability will be extremely difficult.
By Black&Gold10
I see us passing much much more this season with DD. I hope our O doesn't show their newness too much.

When you say our defense is loaded, do you think we'll be good at covering the pass or just the run?
By superfan
I think the speed makes covering run really GOOD. Secondary should be good, real key there is pressure. I did not see a really good B back in spring game. Good speed on corners. B back is pretty important to that offense. QB is big, hopefully he can break arm tackles. has a nice arm.
By corn_3024
Black&Gold10 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:48 pm
I see us passing much much more this season with DD. I hope our O doesn't show their newness too much.

When you say our defense is loaded, do you think we'll be good at covering the pass or just the run?
We will be good against both, but naturally a lot better against the run. The line will be better than its ever been which should keep pressure on the qb, and not allow as many soft spots in our zones.

We will definitely throw more this year. I think the a-backs have big receiving years.