KSU football is here! Discuss anything pigskin related.
hard to keep good coaches as money is not great at fcs level. QB coach just went to army and tripled salary. Coach Harrell also got a hefty raise I suspect. I think assts at ksu only make like 50K, and coordinators more. Coach Bo will find a good one and program will continue to be solid.
in fcs, yards allowed per gAme from 2018 to 2019 less than ten yards more per game and against a better schedule. campbell was vastly improved with transfer QB, Charleston better with new coach, and Monmouth senior leadership paved the way for their good season. not sure how anyone can say they were not any good. seems expectations of some are not very realistic. that being said, not trying to defend just stating some facts. Numbers do not lie.
superfan wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:03 pm
in fcs, yards allowed per gAme from 2018 to 2019 less than ten yards more per game and against a better schedule. campbell was vastly improved with transfer QB, Charleston better with new coach, and Monmouth senior leadership paved the way for their good season. not sure how anyone can say they were not any good. seems expectations of some are not very realistic. that being said, not trying to defend just stating some facts. Numbers do not lie.
Here are the numbers I'm seeing (2018 to 2019):

Points Allowed Per Game: 15.38 to 18.71 (3.47 point increase)
Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game: 111.7 to 88.9 (22.8 yard decrease)
Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 152 to 189.79 (37.79 yard increase)
3rd Down Conversion Percentage Allowed: 28.89% to 32.97% (4.08% increase)
4th Down Conversion Percentage Allowed: 48% to 50% (2% increase)

Outside of rushing yards allowed, our D was worse at every other meaningful metric. AND, the 2018 numbers include the 5OT winner against Jack St. which caked on several additional points and yardage to the D's numbers. So, I stand my my statement that Harrell did not do much with the D. Was he atrocious? No, but I'm not kicking the trash can because he left.