KSU Hoops past and present!
By bb_fan
if skinner paid players then the boosters need to demand a refund. :)

under lallathin's watch a rogue booster bought a lavish lunch for 4 players at cracker barrel and got change back from his $20 bill. obviously a groupon was involved. i'm going to assume the waitress was told to "keep the change".

that was the definition of a "strong ass offer" from ksu a few years ago.
By bb_fan
i've been thinking about how difficult it is going to be for skinners assistants to find their next job. obviously, their experience at ksu is not much of a resume builder and skinner is (almost certainly) retired and won't have a next job to bring his assistants with him.

assuming the news that ben hicks is out at georgia southwestern is correct...someone upstairs is looking after stephen cox. that has to be his job to lose. no brainer for both parties.

i'd hate to move from acworth to americus -- but when ya got a family to feed...
By bb_fan
i read on the KSU website that AAR hired griffin mchone as director of operations.

that can't be true. i read on twitter that the position was going to filled by student volunteers.
By WingMan
KingOwl wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:23 pm
Amir cut Mbuyamba from the team. Mbuyamba will likely stay at KSU as a student.
This is disappointing. Isaac is a extremly hard worker and he plays with alot of passion. Those or some intagibles that don't show up on the stats.

By my very unofffical count, the Owls have 9 scholarship players returning and 2 commits (Jamie Lewis and Armani Harris), so this leaves 2 scholarships open. I know there are couple of new uncommitted recruits in the mix, but it would be extra bad if 1-2 scholarships go unfilled after Isaac M and Juka Jaksic, an incoming freshman signee, have been cut loose.
By bb_fan
bb_fan wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:22 pm
i'd like to say the AAR has said and done all the right things since the announcement.

but if what i read is true -- that KSU under skinner offered a scholarship to a local kid and AAR just yanked it -- i can't.

that's bullshit.
congrats to luka jasik who after AAR yanked the commitment KSU previously made to him, ended up at a much better basketball program. presbyterian (20-16) was ranked 213 by sagarin. (KSU, of course, was 6-26 and ranked 342). presbyterian also participated in a post season tourney, reaching the 3rd round of the CIT.

i guess AAR couldn't relate to a player who was MVP of his team AND his schools valedictorian.

shame on you, AAR.
By KSUBBALLFAN
KSU Owl Howl
Did y’all hear that on October 18th? If not you should have listened to the KSU athletic department from 7pm to about 9pm on that day. I know I did. That sound was tears of regret falling from the faces of the individuals in that department for not hiring Mike Helfer. If you didnt notice Valdosta State played Georgia on October 18th. Not only did they play Georgia, but they damn near beat them on their own floor. They started off leading Georgia 19-7 and were only down 5 at half. On top of that they only lost by 12 to a team in the SEC. Let’s do a little history lesson on Helfer and VSU. He won his conference for a 3rd year in a row, been to the NCAA tourney 3 years in a row as both a tournament champ and at an at large bid, but you’d assume he’d probably have a down year because did he lose 7 seniors right? No he took his squad into Athens and not only competed with a school out of the SEC, but had a great opportunity beat them on their home floor. And the only reason they didn’t beat Georgia was because they didn’t have enough 4 and 5 starts on his D2 squad to compete with Georgia’s 1 5 star 4 4 stars and 2 3 stars. So what am I trying to get at is THAT MAN CAN COACH! Our Owls play Creighton to start the year off and only by the graces of God and every Saint in heaven will we have a chance to keep that game within 20. I hope the fans, boosters, athletic department, and anyone with KSU in their best interest all do a little reflection this week on who we could have had to lead our team.