KSU Hoops past and present!
To lose by 20 points to JU at home that is really embarrassing.

I think Coach read my blog and took my advice:
1) Danny started
2) Tyler, Danny and Bobby played at the same time (first half)
3) My points per game lineup was almost used (I suggested Tyler, Danny, Bobby, Kosta and Ugo - but what I saw as Bryson instead of Ugo with the other 4).
4) Now you know why I am not a coach

At least the Owls did score more than their game average. But the shooting percentage was on par with the season average of 37.9 which is awful.

The bigger problem I saw in this game was the defense. The Dophins ate us up in the bunny area. When we played zone, a guarded JU player would penetrate then a 2nd KSU defender would come to help, leaving a big Dolphin WIDE OPEN for a lay in. It would seem to me if the guy is guarded maybe you shouldn't help out a leave a guy closer to the cup an his passing lane WIDE OPEN. Credit JU for making the passes and getting a ton of assists.

When we played man defense, they beat us one-on-one. We had no answer. I think the man defense worked better. If you make a contested shot, good for you, if you are given a WIDE OPEN shot, shame on us.

It was like Marineland out there - a Dolphin puts the ball through the hoop unguarded and makes it every time, The only difference was Jasick did not throw the players a fish to reward the behavior.

Those with good shooting games were Tyler, Kosta and Kyle. Maybe Kyle read the blog and got motivated. Bobby had a nice first half and cooled off (as KO says streakey shooter).

Danny 1-10 from the floor a mix of good looks, contested shots and shots nowhere near the bucket. What do you do? I guess you coach him up and keep playing him as you don't have better options.

While biscuits were awarded, this was a very un-biscuit-worthy performance. Its gonna be a long ASUN season.
i'm not going to complain about skinners use of danny lewis tonite. started and played the first 10 minutes, 3 more minutes in the first half and 4 minutes in second half. 17 minutes in total and didn't deserve any more. 1/10 tonite and 2/19 (11%) over the last 3 games. 31% on the year, but if you take out the game against NAIA D2 southeastern -- 26%.

our team defense was horrendous.

i won't mention that jd notae -- last years a-sun freshman -- was a 4 year starter at newton county high school in covington.

after 11 minutes the score was 27-27 and thot i was going to see the close game i expected.

that's all i'm gonna say -- we all saw the game and it speaks for itself.

bring on liberty!
last night KSU lost by more than expected. stetson lost as expected. as a result, sagarins computer has stetson leapfrogging KSU overnight and the owls are now the lowest ranked team in the ausn.

pomeroy agrees.

ncaa net as i write this has not been updated to reflect last nights games.
bb_fan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:04 am
last night KSU lost by more than expected. stetson lost as expected. as a result, sagarins computer has stetson leapfrogging KSU overnight and the owls are now the lowest ranked team in the ausn.

pomeroy agrees.

When I first found out KSU was in the same conference as Stetson, a team I watched as a young lad, I was excited that I could see them compete against each other. Having them battle for last place is not what I had in mind. :o
WingMan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:14 pm
bb_fan wrote:

pomeroy agrees.

When I first found out KSU was in the same conference as Stetson, a team I watched as a young lad, I was excited that I could see them compete against each other. Having them battle for last place is not what I had in mind. :o
Hey, you're either first or youre last. KSU or Stetson will be first.
bb_fan wrote:

pomeroy agrees.

If we didn't have Hooker, we might be the worst team in D1. We are currently worse than Year 1 of Lewis Preston according to pomeroy